Thursday 6 February 2014

Questions with the verb to be: Are We Human, by the Killers

And with the lyrics:

1. Write down the 4 lines of the chorus in your notebook.

Are we human or are we dancer
My sign is vital, my hands are cold
      And I’m on my knees looking for the answer
      Are we human or are we dancer?
2. Listen and underline the verbs. 
3. What’s the infinitive of those verb forms?
4. Fill in the chart with those sentences from the song. Then, if the sentence is interrogative, change it into affirmative and negative.  

(+) .........................  (-)  .........................      (?) Are we human? 

(+) .........................  (-)  .........................      (?) Are we dancer?
  
(+) My sign is vital.   (-)  ......................      (?).............................

(+) My hands are cold.  (-)  ...................   (?).............................

(+) I'm on my knees       (-)  ...................   (?).............................


5. Now,  replace the underlined words by a Noun Phrase or a pronoun.
     For example:
A1) Are we human or are we dancer?
A2) Are Guillermo and I human 

B1) My sign is vital,
B2) ............  is vital 

C1) My hands are cold 
C2) ................... are cold
D1) And I’m on my knees looking for the answer 
D2) And .............. on ............. knees looking for the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.