Thursday 13 June 2024

‘Don't blow your horn at old people!’ - Narration with Past Tenses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX3sb5c6mTI

‘Don't blow your horn at old people!’

Narration with Past Tenses         

                   

WORKSHEET AVAILABLE


  1. The matching of this vocabulary to its correct definition will help you understand the narration below.


  1. drive-thru

  2. mouth

  3. lean

  4. horn

  5. order

  6. cashier

  7. embarrass

  8. rudeness

  9. receipt

  10. queue

a) to bend or tilt (the body) from a vertical position.

b) person who operates a cash register.

c) proof of payment.

d) a takeaway restaurant, bank, etc designed so that customers can use it without leaving their cars


e) lack of courtesy.

f) an instrument for sounding a warning signal.

g) line of waiting people, vehicles.

h) request food or drink.

i) to (cause to) become ashamed, uncomfortable.

j) say without noise.



  1. Fill in the blanks with the correct past tense verb forms (Past Simple, Past Continuous, Past Perfect, Present Perfect). Then watch the video and check.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX3sb5c6mTI


I am 83 years old I…………………………. (be) in the McDonald's drive-thru this morning.The young lady behind me …………………………. (lean) on her horn and …………………….. (start) mouthing some ugly things because I …………………………………. (take) too long to place my order. So when I ………………………………. (get) to the first window I ……………………………… (pay) for her order along with my own. The cashier must have …………………………… (tell) her what I …………………………….. (do), because as we …………………………… (move up) she ………………………. (lean) out her window and and ……………………………………. (wave) to me and she ………………………… (begin) mouthing ‘Thank you, thank you!’, probably feeling ………………………………. (embarrass) that I……………………………….. (repay) her rudeness with kindness. When I ……………………………. (get) to the second window I ……………………………………. (show) the server both receipts and I …………………………………. (take) her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again. Don't blow your horn at old people. We…………………………. (be) around for a long time. Is that good or what? I love it!

  1. Answer the questions with full sentences (S+V):

  1. Where was the old man?

  2. How did the woman behind him feel? Why?

  3. How did she show her anger?

  4. Why did the young lady thank the old man later on?

  5. What did the old gentleman do in the end? Why?

  6. What do you think about the old man’s response?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.